About Dr.S.Ramkumar MD DNB DM(Endocrinology)
Degrees and Education
MD, DNB (Endocrinology) DM (Endocrinology) AIIMS
Clinical Fellowship in Diabetes (Auckland, NZ)
Certified Insulin Pump Specialist
Cert. Pediatric Endocrinology (ESPE, Israel)
Cert. Pediatric Diabetes (ISPAD, Italy)
1. Ramkumar S. Bilateral thecoma presenting as premenopausal hirsutism: Laproscopic removal. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2013 Dec;17(Suppl 3):S662-4.
Read in Pubmed at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24910832
2. Ramkumar S. Type 2 diabetes mellitus in children and youth. Indian J Pediatr. 2013 Mar;80 Suppl 1:S87-94.
Read in Pubmed at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23430571
3. Shabir I, Marumudi E, Ramkumar. 5 α-Reductase Type 2 Deficiency – Response to Dihydrotestosterone Gel: Correspondence. Indian J Pediatr. 2014 Sep;81(9):984.
Read in Pubmed at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24052182
4. Ramkumar S. Ectopic insulin secreting neuroendocrine tumor of kidney with recurrent hypoglycemia: a diagnostic dilemma. BMC Endocr Disord. 2014 Apr 17;14:36.
Read in Pubmed at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24741994
5. Ramkumar S. Stromal Leydig Cell Hyperplasia Presenting As Virilising Ovarian Mass in Post-Menopausal Woman. Endocrine Abstracts. Female Reproductive Endocrinology II. June 2014.
Read online at http://press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/10.1210/endo-meetings.2014.RE.8.SUN-0019
6. Ramkumar S. Sexual precocity with pituitary macroadenoma and bilateral multicystic ovaries – a case report. International Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology 2013, 2013(Suppl 1):P200.
Read online at http://www.ijpeonline.com/content/2013/S1/P200
7. Ramkumar S. Early initiation of insulin in a child with T2DM and clinical course – a case report International Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology 2013, 2013(Suppl 1):P26.
Read online at http://www.ijpeonline.com/content/2013/S1/P26
8. Ramkumar S. Precocious puberty and ovarian tumors – 2 case report. International Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology 2013, 2013(Suppl 1):P80.
Read online at http://www.ijpeonline.com/content/2013/S1/P80
9. Ramkumar S. Genu valgum and primary hyperparathyroidism in children. Int J Case Rep Images 2014;5(6):401–407.
Read online at http://www.ijcasereportsandimages.com/archive/2014/006-2014-ijcri/CS-10041-06-2014-ramkumar/index.php
10. Praveen PA, Kumar SR, Tandon N. Type 2 diabetes in youth in South Asia. Curr Diab Rep. 2015 Feb;15(2):571.
Read online at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25620404
Presentation (Conference proceedings):
1. Presentation in national Endocrine conference: (ESICON 2010) titled “profile of autoimmune hypothyroidism in T1DM in children <12yrs”
2. Poster Presentation in national Paediatric Endocrine conference: (ISPAE 2011) titled “Juvenile granulosa cell tumor presenting as precocious puberty– a case report”
3. Presentation in state pediatric conference: PEDICON 2010 titled “The pattern of intracranial hemorrhage in the age group of 2 weeks to 6 months with particular reference to late onset Hemorrhagic disease of newborn”
4. Poster Presentation in APPES Conference 2012 titled“Early initiation of Insulin in a child with T2DM and clinical course”
5. Poster Presentation in APPES Conference 2012 titled “Precocious Puberty and Ovarian Tumors – 2 Case Reports”
6. Poster Presentation in APPES Conference 2012 titled “Sexual Precocity with Pituitary Macroadenoma and Bilateral Multicystic Ovaries – A Case Report”
1. APPES summer school in Bali, Indonesia, 2012
2. ESPE science school in Haifa, Israel, 2013
3. Training in Insulin Pump, Auckland City Hospital, New Zealand
1. Authored a Chapter “Hyperandrogenism in Girls” in ‘Case based reviews in Endocrinology’, published 2014
2. Authored a Chapter “Interventions in Childhood Obesity in Indian Setting” in ICMR Status Report 2014
Research – during DM endocrinology Residential program (submitted to AIIMS, New Delhi)
1. Project 1:
Effect of oral administration of probiotic preparation VSL#3 on the metabolic control in individuals with type-1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM); a randomized, double- blind, placebo controlled trial – A pilot study
2. Project 2:
Childhood Obesity in India: a multi-centre study on itsmeasurement and determinants – ICMR PROJECT
1. First Prize in Endocrine Quiz in Amrita Institute of medical Sciences, 2013
2. AV Gandhi award for excellence in Endocrinology (Best Clinical Accumen) 2014
3. ISPAD award – Allan Drash Clinical Fellowship in 2014(Auckland City Hospital,New zealand)
4. First Rank – All India DM Endocrinology Examination 2010
1. The Endocrine Society
2. American Association of Clinical Endocrinology(AACE)
3. Life member – Indian Society of Paediatric and Adolescent Endocrinology (ISPAE),
4. Member – International Society of Pediatric and Adolescent Diabetes(ISPAD)
Areas of Interest:
➢ Continuous Sub-Cutaneous Insulin Infusion (CSII) therapy
➢ Continuous Glucose Monitoring System (CGMS)
➢ Disorders of Sexual Development (46XY DSD), and
➢ Disorders of Bone metabolism